My Fiftieth Entry. Mood: So-so
Erm, today is my fiftieth blog. Have to post something special? Erm, let me find a topic ba.
MY PERCUSSION LIFE
Kaoz, seems like I really have no other ideas for this entry le. But well, I followed my dad to Hsinghai to watch him practice one day, then they were practising "Yu Zhou Kai Ge". All the percussionist were youngsters, like our age. Most of them were guys, and their way of playing were so stunning and stylish... "Think those SPCO people out there know what I mean la." Every one of them, even smallest part like small cymbals or luo, has their very style and plays so "shuai"ly. Then I decided to join them on the following performance, so I approached a guy "Jeremy" to ask him to teach me percussion lor. And this is how it all begun.
The rest of the youngsters have left, only left him, the only senior. He carefully nutured me and guide me through all these years. We were so glad that we invited a percussionist player from SCO "Mr. Shen Guo Qin" and hope that he is able to teach us even more. But sadly, he seldom teach us, he only pointed out when we came in slow or fast in the rhythm and all that. So Jeremy continued to guide us.
My very first performance include these songs:
- Long Teng (small drum)
- Fengshou (small cymbal)
- Fei Tian (big gong)
Haha, now, these songs are played by SPCO, and when I'm playing these songs now, it really bring back my memories last time when I was still a beginner and struggling for even simple beats.
In year 2001, I officially joined SPCO and gained many experiences. To me, I'm still a beginner in percussion and time passes, I still do not realise that I've actually improved over the years. Until that time when Shimin and Yuru entered, I suddenly feel like I'm seeing myself in the past. The mistakes they made and whatever were exactly the same of what I did everytime last time. But I'm now their senior, then I realise that I have stepped a level higher than last time.
Oh ya, I have actually performed Long Teng as the lead last year. It was an unforgettable experience for me. That time, I really can't imagine that I'm actually playing lead for this song, because I know that I'm really not up to standard. But after all the hard works, hmm, the performance is actually not that bad as well. The mistakes that I made aren't obvious for the audiences ;P And they even thought I played was good. Lol... Kns.
I think the most important thing in my percussion life is to be able to learn human relationships, knowing that there are so many different kinds of people in the world. I mean, if you don't join and extra cirricular activities, you can't see who are thinking so highly of themselves, what will they do, or what will they say about others... while there are others who are so genuine, humble, never despise on people... And ofcourse, I have learnt so much about the beauty of music and appreciate them, not only western, eastern, but also many other races.
Erm, but ofcourse, through my dad, I have come to know music, and through music, I have to come to know percussion, and through percussion, I have known SPCO and able to make SO many good friends, who are able to play and joke around with me, cheering me up when I'm down, and brightens my day. I think this is the most valuable thing that I've encountered... In my PERCUSSION LIFE.
~The End~

1 Comments:
wah... i didnt know ur percussion life is so jing cai de leh... now den i know... haha... heard alot of pple say u play "long teng" beri shuai... but think i no chance to c le lah... actualli i nvr heard of this song also lah... haha... hmmm... ur dad realli influence u alot huh... lead u into e world of music... den to human relationship... den to percussion... den to SPCO... den to knowin us... haha... all related... :p... but... realli feel beri glad to know abt ur percussion life... :)... k lah... gtg... byez... hope to c u comin back to SPCO often even after e hongkong trip... *smilez*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home