Saturday, April 8

Mood:

Five years ago, there was a period of time whereby I really loved singing that song. The melody was so nice, and everyone in my school were singing it. On that particular semester, my school organised a singing competition. Many of our friends were interested and were so excited to join this competition. I had chosen this song to sing, and so are some of the participants.

On the competition day, I was the last few at the queue number, thus, I was able to get the chance to listen to the comments that the judges given to those competitors who has chosen this song.
Feelings, groove, expressions, body language, emphasises on words...
These are the few common comments that the judges had commented on. I observed carefully, analysed, and took note of how am I going to perform later on when I'm up there.

Finally, it was my turn. I performed outstandingly, took note of all the comments from them and made it "my way". I was really glad that the judges commented me as one of the best singers that day, and was near to perfect. As expected, I achieved the top 3 singers, as I got the 1st runner-up.

Five years had past. The story of that song had become reality on my life myself. The feeling is so hurtful, and I just feel so lost. Today, I will listen to the song again, but with a total different feeling. Very different. So different from the time I sang and "acted" on stage. Now, I truly understand what the song means. It is really not that easy to come by the song. Its not just the song, nor the melody and pleasent to the ears. I can feel how the writer feel when he is writing the lyrics or taking the idea... It really takes so much courage to come out with it. Singing only? No... Its much more than that. Its a deep down feeling, plucked right from the core of your heart. Who will really understands it? People only hears it as an entertainment.

Today, I will sing the song again with the perfect emotion, and tears might even flow as it really touched my life. The technic might not be better, I might not be the champion in the competition, but its absolutely the most perfect singing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home