Wednesday, September 7

Mood: Happy

I really respect this collegue of mine. I am really impressed and really admire his life very much. I lived for nearly 22 years, this is the first time I hear such story which is reality, not in drama series.

By the age of 15, he was being kicked out of home after being abused by his parents for 15 years. The reason was so simple: The family is poor, his dad need to earn extra income by renting a room, so they kicked him out of home so that they can rent his room out. Its totally so ridiculous. Day after day, he sleeps and stays at bus stops, rubbish chutes, void decks, and such everyday after school. At that point of time, he thought: Even if I die now, it means nothing to the world, because I don't have any home and loved ones around me at all. He is totally alone.

Until one day, he finally found a job, and began to rent a room in someone's house. He starts to see how other family "works". He felt so strange and couldn't figure out how come when the son is sick, the dad would want to send the son to see a doctor, and that the mum would want to buy tonics for them. He just don't understand and thinks that this family is adnormal. As time goes, he then found out that his own family is actually the one which is adnormal.

Till today, he does not know where his own parents are le. I asked him, don't he hate his parents? He jus replied: There was totally no time for me to think of those le, cos the only thing I'm is concered of that period of time is how to survive day after day.

After his sec 4, he immediately signed on for police. That time, he was just 17 years old. A 17 years old police in Singapore. Although he was just 17 years old that time, he was being respected by the rest of the police officers in the station, because he has experience lots of things who the others doesn't. There were so many things that he is able to handle, and which other policemen are not able to.

Today, he is 30+ years old le, and just got ROM with his wife. Hope that they can have a wonderful and blissful marriage and family.

*Salute*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home